Electronics II and Lab
What are Bode plots? Use a well labelled diagram to aid your explanation.
Calculate the input-coupling circuit and output-coupling circuit low-frequency cutoff points for the circuit shown below.
- <List all devices and meters used>
Using Multisim construct the circuits shown below:
- Connect the Bode Plotter as shown, and use the setting in the figure. Set the function generator amplitude to 5mVp and 10Hz.
- Attach the Tektronix oscilloscope channel 1 to measure peak-to-peak voltage across the function generator, and channel 2 to measure the peak-to-peak voltage across the load RL. Record both values in the results section, and use them to calculate the voltage gain in decibel – show ALL work.
- How does the calculated voltage gain compare to the midband gain from the Bode plot?
- Using bode plotter cursor to mark and measure the low and high cutoff frequency, calculate the bandwidth.
Show all screen shots – that prove all meter readings.
Record measured values and calculations in this section.
What types of applications can this circuit be used in? Explain.
What did you learn?