My background if it could help: I’m a non-traditional civil engineering student taking my last semester course before graduation
Action Item: Prepare a PDF document; it can be in paragraph format.
Font: Arial or Times New Roman, 10 or 12 point size
Margins: 1 inch
Spacing: double or single-spaced (*see below for minimum page requirement based on spacing style)
(Those students who do not comply with the above will not receive credit for this assignment).
*Single space-one- page minimum or doubled space-two page minimum
- What are your immediate (less than 2 years) post-graduation plans/goals? (please discuss at least 2)
- What steps or opportunities will you take/seek out to accomplish those goals or fulfill those plans? (Please be specific)
- Discuss what non-technical and/or technical skills do you think you are missing that you think will be needed by employers or companies?
- In your personal opinion, what do you think will increase your own marketability or value to an employer?
- Based on what you stated for the last question, how to do you plan on obtaining those skills or criteria, etc.?
- What industry/industries do you want or hope to work for and what are the best ways you think to prepare for entry into that/those industry/industries?
- What industry publications are available for this field, and who publishes and advertises in these publications?
- How is professional licensure needed in the field you are pursuing?
- What other licensing or accreditation/certification requirements are common in this field?
- What would you study if you return to graduate school? List 3-5 Universities with programs of interest to you, and state why they’re attractive (location/reputation/specific professors/…).
- How do you DEFINE Career Management?