Topic: The focus of Action Research is on you and improving your teaching practice. Stronger student achievements are an outcome of your improved practice. The action research model is therefore an important professional research tool for early career teachers.
Discuss the processes and components of action research in light of this statement. In your answer explain the importance of lived experience and the three components of Maxwell’s “reconnaissance” stage.
A basic framework you might follow:
2) Action Research as a professional development tool in the workplace
3) Lived Experience and its significance in educational research
4) Discussion of each of the Components of Maxwell’s Reconnaissance model • Context (situational analysis) • Competence (you and your skills) • Literature (formal and informal).
1. Why might action research be useful professional tool for the early career teacher?
2. What is lived experience and why is it part of the story?
3. What do we mean by competencies?
4. Why would we explore the educational context and create a situational analysis?
5. How do we develop an Action research question?