Topic: Human Resource Information Systems
Project Management (PM) and Change Management
1. Surveys are used to assess users’ attitudes regarding the implementation of a new system. The results of the surveys are used to guide the development and implementation of the new system as well as to provide feedback to members of the organization. Recommend one other method the PM team could use to evaluate and determine users’ attitudes regarding the project and propose one approach that the PM team can use to “ask the right questions.” Provide specific examples to support your response.
2. You have been selected as the change agent for the upcoming implementation of a new HRIS system that will ultimately affect the way all employees complete their daily tasks. The new HRIS system will also necessitate a reduction in workforce. Find an unusual way to get employee buy-in on this new system wile mitigating morale issues that will result from organizational downsizing. Provide specific examples to support your response.
Self-Service Administration and Talent Management
3. You work in HR and believe implementing a self-service portal for HR administration would generate several efficiencies in work flow. Your manager is resistant to implementing the portal because of the administrative challenges and concerns such as the probability of security breaches, misuse of employee information by management, and the employees’ perception that their privacy is being invaded. Formulate a policy, procedure, process, or control that would resolve each of these issues in order to change your manager’s perception about the portal. Provide specific examples to support your response.
4. Use the Internet to research talent management trends occurring during an economic slowdown. Next, recommend a short-term talent management strategy to get past the economic downturn and keep employees motivated until the market improves for a both a domestic and multinational enterprise. Provide specific examples to support your response.
Recruitment and Models of Training
5. Use the Internet to research and review two (2) recruiting Websites. Next, evaluate two online recruiting Websites and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each one for recruiting talented people. Make a recommendation regarding which Website you would and would not use. Provide specific examples to support your response.
6. Identify a situation at your workplace in which distance learning would be a feasible solution. Predict the problems that it would address, the manner in which distance learning could help solve those problems, and the relevance the training would have on workplace KSAs. Provide specific examples to support your response.