– Which germ layer vertebral column derives from?
– Overview of: gastrulation to paraxial mesoderm, paraxial mesoderm undergoes segmentation to form somites (somitogenesis), differentiation of somites, then congenital scoliosis and spondocostal dysostosis.
What defines paraxial from axial, lateral mesoderm?
– Also maybe some fate mapping that shows vertebral column is from paraxial mesoderm.
– Somites form rostral to caudal, they have anterior/posterior polarity
2) Signalling in segmentation.
3) Differentiation of somites.