SPT 111 Milestone Three: Strategic Planning
The final project for this course is the creation of a business plan for a chosen sport organization. The purpose of this project is for you to begin to consider which area of sport business you will enter in your professional career. For this milestone, due in Module Five, you will submit a strategic planfor your selected organization. The initial planning you provided in Milestone Two (in Module Three) will form the basis for this strategic plan and will help to solidify some of the questions you will address in your overall business plan, the final project document due in Module Seven.
Specifically the following critical elements must be addressed:
- Two goals for an activity within your chosen business, ones that expand upon the mission and purpose you outlined in the initial plan
- Equipment and supplies needed, as well as personnel that will be necessary in running the business
- Marketing initiatives that will need to be implemented to ensure the business is successful
- Laws and potential challenges in sport management that your business should be aware of
- A promotional flyer to communicate the organization to potential customers and stakeholders (This will be included as an addendum to your paper.)
Requirements of Submission:
The strategic planning paper should follow these formatting guidelines: double-spaced Word document, 2–3 pages in length, not including title page, references, or promotional flyer, 12-point Times New Roman font, one-inch margins, APA format, and a minimum of two primary sources.