Groups really do work is my personal opinion! People that work as a group are able to get more accomplished then they would as individuals . Some of the advantages of using a group are; having more credibility, benefit from the collective experience, skills and ideas of its members . Computer Innovations, a organization helps that fix technology based products is my generic organization.
If I was apart of a research team examining work groups, the bulk of my research completed would be training and measurement of performance, goal setting, work design, and interface design. Training I think is the most powerful way to increase individual productivity. Teamwork within Work groups is another strong factor affecting productivity . Have work groups discuss what teamwork means to them in terms of behaviors. Work hard to avoid blame. Rather than talking about individuals- talk about workflow and how people can coordinate and support each other in which will increase the team effectiveness on performing together as a team.
Losh, S. (2011). Group behavior in organizations. San Diego: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
Myatt, M. (2013, June 17). 5 transitions great leaders make that average leaders don’t. Forbes. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikemyatt/2013/06/17/5-transitions-great-leaders-make-that-average-leaders-dont/
To participate in the following discussions, go to this week’s Discussion link in the left navigation.
Read the article “5 Transitions Great Leaders Make That Average Leaders Don’t.” Name as many qualities as possible for a great leader. Why is it important to be a great leader? What is the difference between a leader and a manager? Why is it important for a great leader to get personal with his/her people? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts.
- Conflict and Competition
Discuss whether intergroup conflict and intergroup competition are the same or different. Provide examples to support your position. What strategies can a leader use to ensure that there are positive results from the conflict or competition? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts.
To complete the following assignment, go to this week’s Final Paper link in the left navigation.
Focus of the Final Paper
In Week One, you will choose a generic organization (manufacturing plant, hospital, etc.). Assume that you are a hired consultant for this organization. You have been asked by the president of the organization to prepare a background paper on the results of your research and to make recommendations to improve group productivity in the organization.
Your research has identified the following problems:
- Role conflicts within groups
- Communication problems among group members
- Lack of cohesiveness in groups with diverse members
- Excessive intergroup conflict
In an eight to ten-page paper, include the following:
- Introduction – clear explanation of the type of organization
- Explanation of how each problem could impact a group’s productivity (use examples to illustrate points)
- Recommendations to resolve each problem
- Suggestions, based on your knowledge of group dynamics, for a company-wide training program on best practices for group productivity
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least six scholarly sources.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
The discussions are due Thursday by 18:00 hrs and one page per discussions, cited and referenced and PLEASE, just one page per discussion do not drag a good anwser out to several pages. The Assignment is due by Sunday of this week not next and must be followed accordily to how the instruction gave to do so. I have sent my generic organization that I chose to write about at the top of the paper. All assignments must be on time according to our agreement, no exceptions.