Key Concept Exercise
Ishikawa diagrams help to organise problem-solving efforts by identifying categories of factors that might be causing problems. In this week’s Key Concept Exercise, you will review three scenarios and choose one to produce an Ishikawa diagram.
To prepare for this Key Concept Exercise:
- Read the Required Learning Resources for Week 8.
- Search for additional source materials related to Ishikawa diagrams.
To complete this Key Concept Exercise:
- Review the three scenarios below and choose one to create an Ishikawa diagram to analyse the problem presented (300-500 words). You should identify as many possible causes of the problem as possible and categorise them on different ‘strands’ of the Ishikawa diagram.
- The management of Liverpool Student Bar has noticed a steady decline in income in the last 4 weeks.
- Your television cannot be turned on.
- You are about to travel on a flight from your hometown to Liverpool. However, your flight has been delayed for four hours.
- By Day 3, submit your Key Concept Exercise. Be sure to read over your Key Concept Exercise before submitting it to your Instructor. Make sure the spelling and grammar are correct and the language, citing and referencing you use when providing your opinion are appropriate for academic writing