Assignment: Critical Book Review
Format: APA (American Psychological Association)
Length: 4-5 pages (Content)
Write a Critical Book Review of How Democratic Is the American Constitution by Robert A. Dahl. Once you have read the bookyou are to write a Critical Book Review of each work.
- You do not need to provide an Abstract or author’s note.
- The title page and reference page do not count as part of the 4-5 pages of content.
- You do need to provide a reference page even if your only reference is the assigned book itself.
- Do not use the online encyclopedia Wikipedia as a source.
- You must have a title page (Do not put pictures, charts, graphs, etc. on the title page. Simply follow APA 6th Edition format.
- Do not use an overabundance of quotes in your paper. I want to read your writing not another author’s.
- Watch paragraph length. A paragraph shouldn’t go on for 2 pages or more.
- Do not overuse commas…if in doubt…leave it out.
Consider the following questions in writing your critical book review:
- What are the positive and negative aspects of the book?
- Does it cover the issue adequately?
- Does it cover a historical or contemporary view?
- What would you like to see added to the book or taken out?
- How well does the book add to your knowledge of our American system of politics?
- Would you recommend the book(s) to others? Why or Why not?
You are free to add to the above list and come up with some of your own unique critics of the book(s) and author.
**Optional : The following link(s) also provide additional guidelines and questions to consider in writing your critical book review: https://apps.carleton.edu/curricular/history/resources/study/criticalbookreview/