Tennessee Williams provides extensive and detailed stage directions for The Glass Menagerie. Readers are given a very specific account of the play’s setting.
• Review the stage directions and, in your discussion post, identify the most important aspects of the setting.
• Then, consider how these elements contribute to the central ideas of the play.
• Does the setting symbolically reflect the conflicts faced by the characters?
• Does it constrain and limit the characters?
• Does it represent their desires and motivations?
Use APA rules of style for quotations, paraphrases, and summaries as well as in-text citations and references. Quoted material should not exceed 25% of your response.