Examine each of the following as background and resources for this assignment:
Sample Prospect Report. This sample form shows typical information a nonprofit might record about a prospective donor. (This document is also found in the “Forms, Examples, Resources” folder.)
The Donor Cultivation System. This discusses ways to cultivate prospects.
Three Ways to Identify a Major Donor. This article discusses ways to discover major contributors among donors you already know.
Based on the Weinstein text (chapters 4, 6, and 7) and the resources provided, prepare a prospect report on one or more members of your organization’s board of directors. Based on your organizationâ€™s board and information, identify current and prospective major donors or individual donors.
This information could be presented in a number of different formats. For this assignment, a Word document that includes a narrative overview accompanied by a table of the information will be acceptable.
References Benignant De Eagle, Inc. (2015). About Benignant de Eagle Foundation. Retrieved from Benignant de Eagle Foundation: http://www.benignantdeeagle.org/who-we-are-promoting-stem-and-girls-education-worldwide
Sample Prospective Donor Form
A report like this may be used in assessing the capacity to give by identifying interests and willingness to contribute to the organization. A form like this would probably be one of several elements in a prospect management system.
<i>Please note:</i> The contents of this report are entirely fictitious.
NAME: Tanner, Rosco
CROSS-REFERENCE: Wife, Nancy Tanner, served on membership committee,
RESIDENCE/PHONE: 1824 Milbank Lane, Villanova, PA 19087 610/555-1234
POSITION AND FIRM: President, Tanner Consultants, Inc. 224 West Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104 215/555-3211
• Director, First National Bank of Ardmore
• Director, YMCA of Lower Merion
• Trustee, Rosemont College
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS:
• National Leaders in Online Consulting
• Sierra Club
FINANCIAL POSITION: Base salary $320,000; income from trusts $100,000;
Holds 87,320 common shares of Tanner Consultants at 18 3/8 (as of 1/8/04) worth $1,604,505.
AFFILIATION WITH YOUR ORGANIZATION: Member since 1998
EDUCATION: U of Penn, MBA 1978, U of Penn, B.A. in Political Science 1976.
• Born 3/30/54 in St. Louis, M). Son of William and Lois (Davis) Tanner; married Nancy Thayer (6/10/80); Children: Thomas William (7/11/84) and Jennifer Lois (8/20/87)
• Boeing Account Rep 7/78 – 8/82
• KPMG, managing director, 8/82-9/92
• Tanner Consulting, founder, president 9/92 – present
• YMCA: $5,000 2003; $3,000 2002; $2,000, 2001
• Rosemont College: $10,000 2003; $10,000 2002
Affiliation: Presbyterian, Democrat
INTERESTS: environment, running, bicycling, current events
• Letter welcoming him to membership, 11/11/98;
• Letter inviting him to review papers submitted for undergrad research award 12/1/99; accepted in email 1/3/00
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION:
Chairman-elect of Rosemont Board of Trustees