This week, you will research six to eight primary leadership theories. Once you have researched the theories, analyze the similarities and differences among theories. Your goal is to be able to speak and write effectively about the theories that resonate with you.
Research and examine six to eight primary leadership theories to become familiar with them. Then, write a paper that addresses the following in regards to at least three of the theories.
- When and how did the theories originate, and who was the seminal theorist for each?
- What are the similarities and differences between the three theories? You can use a table or graphic for this part.
- How could each theory be applied by a leader in an organization?
- Which leadership theory would you prefer a leader used? Why?
- Which theory most resonates with you in terms of your leadership approach and why?
Provide detailed examples to support your responses. Support your paper with minimum of four (4) resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 6-8 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.