Choose one of the following questions to answer and respond to three other postings. Your initial post is to be 250-300 words in length. You need a source and it needs to be formatted correctly.
Original post is due Friday evening at 11:55 PM.
Respond to three of your peers by Sunday, 11:55 PM. Responses should be a minimum of 100 words.
Respond to your instructor by Friday of the NEW week by 11:55 PM.
No more than 4 people per question…. 5th person will have points deducted. If you want to reserve your question ahead of time, you may do so.
1. Historians have stated that the colonists came to America for many reason. Discuss some of these reasons, at least two. Make sure you give examples.
2. Compare the causes of the uprisings led by Pope in New Mexico and Metacom in New England. Which was more successful? Why?
3. How democratic was colonial American society?
4. Some consider the Salem Witch Trials to be a persecution of women who lived ‘outside the norm.’ Do you agree? Why or why not?
- What happened to the five Nations of the Iroquois between 1600 and 1700? Were the Iroquois better off at the beginning of the period or the end? Why?
- How did the ideas and policies of the English Whigs affect British and colonial politics between 1700 and 1760?
- If Grenville’s and Townshend’s initiatives had succeeded, how would the character of the British imperial system have changed?
- What impact did the Industrial Revolution in England have on the American colonies? Why didn’t the colonies industrialize the same time as Britain?
- Compare and Contrast the main characteristics of traditional European society to West Africa and Native American societies.
- The Columbian Exchange had a huge impact on the Americas, Europe and Africa. Discuss those impacts – positive and negative.