Electronics II and Lab
Discuss the basic differences between JFETs and MOSFETs.
Why should MOSFETs be handles with special care?
- 1 power supply: 15V
- 2 transistors: MTP10N05E/MC, IRF510
- 1 resistor: 470Ω
- 1 potentiometer 500kΩ
- 1 diode: red LED
- <List meters used>
Using Multisim construct the circuits shown below:
- Set the potentiometer to 0% then measure and record VGS,ID,VD.
- Set the value to 45% and take the three measurements.
- Increase the potentiometer until the LED turns off, record the readings.
- Replace the transistor with the IRF510 and repeat steps a) through c).
Discuss the results.
What types of applications can this circuit be used in? Explain.
What did you learn?