Raytheon’s code of conduct
- Examples of Procurement Fraud
The recent emphasis on ethics in government contracting requires contractors to avoid any conduct that even appears to be unethical. Imagine you are a former contracting officer (CO) turned contractor (you choose your area of expertise) and you just created a new contracting firm.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Provide an explanation of the specific goods and / or services the new contracting firm will provide.
- Evaluate the Raytheon Code of Ethics as to whether it is effective in avoiding any conduct that even appears to be unethical in the type of organization you selected for your product.
- Determine the three (3) most critical clauses in the Raytheon document that aid the company’s avoidance of the appearance of impropriety.
- Determine two (2) additional ethics provision that you would include in your company’s Code of Conduct document based on Raytheon Code of Ethics. Explain the rationale for the inclusion.
- Analyze how your recommended clause sufficiently closes the gap on one (1) potential major ethical breach in the industry to which your product belongs. Note: Be sure to address any areas of concern regarding potential fraud in the contracting process.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify and apply the appropriate Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) clauses to meet compliance in contract formulation and award.
- Analyze Government Accountability Office reports / decisions to identify FAR compliance issues and contributing factors.
- Analyze the planned actions in soliciting and awarding contracts and make recommendations to ensure the government agency is in compliance with the FAR requirements.
- Develop effective ethical guidelines that minimize the risks and consequences of unethical contracting practices and ensure compliance with federal guidelines on fraud, fair contracting, and contract-related public policies.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in government contract law.
- Write clearly and concisely about government contract law using proper writing mechanics.