Business-Level and Corporate-Level Strategies
Choose an industry you have not yet written about in this course, and one publicly traded corporation within that industry. PLEASE DO NOT choose Apple or Tesco. I did my last two papers on these companies. Research the new company on its own Website, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database (http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml), The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions.
Write a five plus page paper in which you:
1. Thoroughly analyze the business-level strategies for the corporation you chose to determine the business-level strategy you think is most important to the long-term success of the firm and whether or not you judge this to be a good choice. Include the purpose of a business-level strategy. Tell if the corporation is making an effort to produce or serve customers differently from their competitor. Thoroughly, justify your opinion.
2. Product diversification is the primary form of corporate level strategy. Thoroughly analyze the corporate-level strategies for the corporation you chose to determine the corporate-level strategy you think is most important to the long-term success of the firm and whether or not you judge this to be a good choice. Is your corporation charging prices lower than their competitors? How is the firm managing their portfolio? Thoroughly justify your opinion.
3. Thoroughly, analyze the competitive environment to determine the corporation’s most significant competitor. Thoroughly, compare their strategies at each level and evaluate which company you think is most likely to be successful in the long term. Tell who their major competition is. Compare business level and corporate level here. Justify your choice.
4. Thoroughly, determine whether your choice from Question 3 would differ in slow-cycle and fast-cycle markets. Define what show cycle is and see if the company you selected is in a fast or slow cycle market.
5. Use at least five (5) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
6. Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
7. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
8. Each paragraph must have more than 6 complete sentences. Please make sure the sentences are NOT to short and they complete a thought.