Read Chapters 8–10 in Excellence in Business Communication.
Week 3 Assignment #2- Ethics and Advertising Web Search
Think about an ad or commercial you have seen recently that you feel crosses an ethical line. Provide a brief description of the ad or commercial.
Why do you feel it is unethical? How would you re-write it to be an ethical persuasive message?
- Post an initial response by Tuesday at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
- Post a minimum of three follow-up responses by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
To receive full credit, your responses must demonstrate an understanding of key concepts; further the discussion by providing an original and relevant insight; and include a rationale, evidence, or example.
Week 3 Assignment #3- Case Study: Get Satisfaction
Read the following material in the text related to the company, Get Satisfaction:
- Company overview: “On the Job: Communicating at Get Satisfaction Using New Media Concepts to Solve an Age-Old Problem,” on p. 225
- Communication challenges: “On the Job: Solving Communication Dilemmas at Get Satisfaction,” challenge 1, on p. 240
Write a 2- to 3-page report in paragraph form with an introduction, supporting material, and conclusion that addresses the following for challenge 1:
- Analyze options a through d as appropriate responses to challenge 1.
- Explain why each option would or would not be the best solution based on what you learned in this course.
Format your report consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment to your instructor via Moodle by Friday at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
Practicing Ethical Communication
Read the highlight box: “Practicing Ethical Communication–Pushing the Limits of Credibility” on p. 292 of the text.
Answer the two Career Applications questions following the scenario and re-write the message to more closely follow ethical guidelines.
Submit your assignment to your instructor via Moodle by Saturday at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
and respond to at least 3 class members.