ASSIGNMENT 5: MGM & The Musical
Certain studios during the studio era and even since then were strongly associated with specific genres of film production. One such example is MGM, which is well-known to have created some of the best musicals in film history.
For this paper, discuss the development of the musicals produced by MGM. What were some of the key musicals they produced? How did their musicals evolve over time? Who were some of the key stars and directors associated with the MGM musicals?
GENERAL PAPER DETAILS:
This paper should be:
- At least 2 typed pages long, although it could probably be longer
- 12 point font (Times New Roman or similar)
- 1” max margins
- Reference list included (see below)
This paper will be graded based on the following:
- 25 points: meets basic criteria (2 pages, 12 point font, etc)
- 15 points: paper is generally free from spelling or grammatical mistakes
- 60 points: the paper answers the question(s) being posed
To write your paper, you should use at least four sources. These sources need to be included at the end of the paper in some manner. For instance, if I was writing a paper about Citizen Kane, I might use Wikipedia as a starting point (generally speaking, Wikipedia should not be used as a primary source; however, for this class, you are allowed to use Wikipedia as a primary source because its information is generally reliable about these topics). At the end of the paper, I would include the simple citation:
Important: your “reference list” at the end of the paper does NOT count toward the total page count.