Due Week 8 and worth 200 points
A positive guest experience is mainly the result of guests who have positive encounters and interactions with employees who provide the utmost quality service. Based on the hospitality industry you chose in Assignment 1, identify methods, strategies, and tools this industry uses to deliver the “wow” factor and enhance the guest experience.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Describe how the industry involves the guest in order to provide quality service.
- Summarize two (2) service standards the industry uses to meet customer expectations.
- Recommend one (1) “wow” element the industry could apply to each of the two (2) service standards in order to make the guest’s experience more memorable.
- Recommend at least one (1) way the industry could better provide information to its guests.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the typical service expectations of customers and the behaviors associated with providing these services.
- Apply service quality standards used in other industries to the hospitality industry.
- Synthesize customer perceptions into service performance standards.
- Assess and implement quality standards as a “turnaround strategy.”
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in quality service assurance.
- Write clearly and concisely about quality service assurance using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills. Click here to view the rubric for this assignment.