Assume that you are a mid-level leader within an organization of your choice. Top leadership has given you the task to study the best practices in terms of leadership today. You will create a report that analyzes the leadership skills and guidelines recommended based on the current research. In your written report, be sure to address the following:
- Determine guidelines for exercising authority. What guidelines would you recommend for reward power and coercive power?
- Determine which skills are most important at each level (lower, middle and executive) of management. Provide examples for each level.
- Explain the importance of top level leadership within organizations. Why is it important?
- Describe how selection and placement can be used to improve leadership in organizations.
- Determine the types of professional development that can be used to improve leadership in organizations.
Support your report with minimum of four (4) resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 6-8 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your report should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.