BA490: Business Policy & Strategy
- 1. Does Outback Steakhouse have any substantial impacts for their growth expansion plans?
- 2. Identify Outback Steakhouse performance surrounding these key issues:
o Restaurant expansion
o Operating efficiency
o Growth strategy
o Customer retention
o Cultural Considerations
o Restaurant sales
- 3. Conduct additional research as necessary to provide the most up to date perspective on this case. Search for the following information:
o Annual Report
o SEC Form 10-K
o Annual Shareholders Proxy Statement
o Competitive/Industry Information
For additional information on formatting the case analysis, see Student Handout: Format for Written Case Analysis
Student Handout – Format For Written Case Analysis
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 1,500 – 2,000 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) (FOUR PAGES IS GOOD)
- Include the following 5 sections: I. Executive Summary, II. Statement of the Problem, III. Causes of the Problem, IV. Decision Criteria and Alternative Solutions, V. Recommended Solution, Implementation and Justification.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material; one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.